Friday, February 8, 2008

Stella's Manifesto

While wasting the last bits of a Friday afternoon at work, I stumbled upon Jonathan Adler’s Manifesto. I loved it! It’s all so right on. Naturally, I had to see if I could be as witty and spot on as Mr. Adler. Is it possible for a working mom to be as clever as a celebrity designer with his own show and a dog named Liberace? I doubt it but I’ll give it a try. Here is Stella’s manifesto.

We believe that while nurseries may smell like shit, they shouldn’t look like it.

We believe in hand-made.

We believe in mixing heirlooms and hand-me-downs with modern pieces and accessories.

We believe that red goes with any and every other color (our favorite? red and purple!)

We believe in faux fur…lots of it.

We believe that plushies can be the chicest of room décor.

We believe that licensed characters belong on cereal boxes, not in a child’s room.

We believe in dress up and make believe.

We believe that animal prints are neutrals.

We believe in bedtime stories.

We believe in encouraging a child’s imagination in everything they do.

1 comment: